[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r831 - in trunk: . docs scripts

Arjen de Korte nut+users at de-korte.org
Tue Feb 27 21:57:54 CET 2007

Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Partially. The rules assume that the user specified in RUN_AS_USER
> exists, which may not be (and in my case is not) the case. Therefor at
> startup the system will complain about about this.

Errr, I meant to say that the rules assume that the *group* RUN_AS_USER
exists (the user must exist of course). In my case, the 'upsd' user is
member of the 'daemon' group and the 'upsd' group doesn't exist.

Another problem is that the group is configured in these scripts at
compilation time. If someone decides to override this and specifies a
different user on the command line or in ups.conf, we're in trouble.