[Nut-upsdev] Mustek PowerMust 1000/1400/2000 USB (megatec,

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Feb 28 01:16:32 CET 2007

Hi Wolfram,

thanks for offering to help support your device. You can start by
studying the thread started by Jon Gough on January 26 on nut-upsuser
("Ablerex..."). I think that thread moved to nut-upsdev after a while.
If you follow similar steps as Jon, you should be able to find out if your
device can be supported. The first step is to probe the device in
various ways.

There's a project similar to megatec_usb underway by Edgar Fuss (see
nut-upsdev list, this week, thread "Some quetion on driver
implementation..."). He wrote a new USB driver for a Masterguard UPS
whose protocol is megatec-based. Hopefully this can be combined with
the megatec_usb driver at some point.

There have been previous questions on this list about Mustek USB
devices; Carlos Rodrigues reported a Mustek Powermust 600USB
(06DA/0003) OMRON/87XXUPS on Apr 14, 2006, and Guillaume Jaouen (Feb
16, 2007) has a Centralion Blazer 2000VA USB-HID that might be
identical or very similar to it. Markus Layr has a Mustek PowerMust
2000VA with USB (Feb 27, 2007 post at nut-upsuser by Carlos).
It is our hope that sooner or later, all these devices will be
supported by the megatec_usb driver.

Your help will be appreciated! -- Peter