[Nut-upsdev] Tripp Lite Smart Pro UPS

Dave Chuha dchuha at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 18:17:43 CET 2007

I have several Tripplite SU2200RMXL2U and SU3000RM2U
units that I would like to monitor using Nut.  I have
tried to attach to the units using a serial cable with
the tripplite and tripplitesu drivers with no success.
 The drivers simply seem to not recognize the UPS.

I then tried using the tripplite_usb driver with the
usb cable.  It definitely sees the UPS but I am
getting errors which told me to report the results to
this mailing list.

------------------------------------
# /sbin/upsdrvctl -DDDD start
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5-pre1
Starting UPS: tripplite
exec: /sbin/tripplite_usb -a tripplite
Network UPS Tools - Tripp Lite OMNIVS and SMARTPRO
driver 0.7 (2.0.5-pre1)
Warning: This is an experimental driver.
Some features may not function correctly.

Detected a UPS: TRIPP LITE/  TRIPP LITE SMART2200RM2U

libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
Could not reset watchdog. Please send model
information to nut-upsdev mailing list
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 0 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned -110 instead of 8
Error reading protocol
Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

This is obviously using version 2.0.5pre1.  I have
also tried 2.0.4 and 2.1 pulled from the SVN tree.  I
am running this on Redhat Enterprise Linux 4.  Please
let me know if I can provide any further information.

Thank you.