[Nut-upsdev] Doxygen API documentation

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:35:54 CET 2007

2007/1/14, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> One thing that would be handy for driver developers (or for myself, at
> the very least) would be having some API documentation for the core
> NUT functions.
>
> Here is an example of Doxygen's output:
>
> http://www.ghz.cc/~clepple/libhid/doc/html/hid_8h.html
>
> The two main categories of API documentation that I see are the
> internal NUT functions needed for writing drivers, etc., and the
> external libraries (libupscli and libupsconfig). Doxygen is really
> meant to document only one program at a time, so I'm not sure how we
> would handle the different binaries like upsc, upsd, upsrw, etc., but
> that's for down the road.
>
> Thoughts?

I still have that in mind, but it's part (on my side) of the
Documentation rewrite.
What I see is a Developer Manual, for driver and client application,
that will federate all the existing (or about to exist) docs.
For the doxy part, I would see multiple doxy file (ie 1 for each lib,
and 1 for the driver API), and all these link from the Developer
Manual...

I don't think the other binaries need to be doxygen'ed, but there is
definitely a need for documenting how nut is architectured for
maintainance purpose.