[Nut-upsdev] energizerups and bestups -> megatec?

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Fri Jul 6 18:33:07 UTC 2007

Hi!

I don't know how I missed it before, but "bestups" seems to implement
mostly the same protocol as megatec. Is anybody out there using this
driver willing to try "megatec" to see if it works?

AFAIK, the only difference seems to be the command that gets the UPS
identification data ("I" on "megatec", "ID" on "bestups"), but that's
not mandatory in "megatec" (and I'm willing to implement the other
command, provided there's someone out there to test it).

And there's "energizerups"... How feasible is it to have "megatec_usb"
obsolete this driver?

--
Carlos Rodrigues