[Nut-upsdev] Newpoint UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 02:38:15 UTC 2007

On 1/3/07, James Westover <james at jamesw.org> wrote:
> I just purchased a Newpoint 200894 UPS and I'm interested in getting it
> going. It seems to use a USB to serial conversion that I'm not sure how
> to get running.

James,

it looks like there have been some developments since you last tested
your UPS with NUT.

The megatec_usb driver now matches against your UPS's product and
vendor IDs, so there's a chance this driver will work with your UPS.

Would you be interested in grabbing the latest source tarball
(currently 2.2.0) and trying this driver?

http://www.networkupstools.org/source.html

The usual precautions apply - you may even want to temporarily plug
your computer directly into the wall or another UPS for testing, since
there's a small possibility that the UPS may shut down unexpectedly if
megatec_usb turns out to be the wrong driver.

--
- Charles Lepple