[Nut-upsdev] PowerCOM UPS management protocol specification

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sat Jul 21 12:55:26 UTC 2007

On 7/20/07, Valentin N. Soloviov <vvsa at newmail.ru> wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> I have PowerCOM ( http://pcmups.com.tw/ ) UPS management protocol
> specification at http://www.sovico.org/pcm.txt

That's the megatec protocol, supported by the "megatec" driver.

> Current version of NUT contains any drivers include driver for
> Powercom, but not fully funcionality.

The only thing that the megatec doesn't seem to support from that
protocol description is the "test for N seconds" command.

> This specification describe protocol for next series UPS:
> BLACK KNIGHT: All UPS AP series
> WARRIOR: WAR-1000AP
> WOW: All UPS U series
> IMPERIAL: All UPS
> KING: All UPS
> SMART KING:  All UPS
> VANGUARD:  All UPS
> ULTIMATE:  All UPS
> ONLINE:  All UPS

Ok, if all these UPSes are described by the above protocol, I only
need to be sure that at least one of them works correctly with the
"megatec" driver(*).

(*) I especially need to know if the shutdown process works correcly,
as megatec uses the "shutdown and restore" command even for the cases
where the UPS should be permanently shut down (in all models supported
up to now the "SxxR00" command is equivalent to "Sxx" in the above
document).

--
Carlos Rodrigues