[Nut-upsdev] RE hp r/t2200 and NUT

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Jun 5 14:07:11 UTC 2007

> $ upsc hp at localhost
> driver.flag.explore: enabled
> driver.name: newhidups
> driver.parameter.port: auto
> driver.parameter.productid: 1f0a
> driver.parameter.vendorid: 03f0
> driver.version: 2.0.5
> driver.version.data: EXPLORE HID 0.1
> driver.version.internal: 0.30
> ups.mfr: Hewlett Packard
> ups.model: R/T2200 INTL
> ups.serial: ...
> ups.status: WAIT
>
> not very useful.. is it because of the 'explore' mode?

Yes.

> nothing changes here when I unplug power cable (but I do
> see 'discharging' flag set when I run newhidups manualy)..

See 'man 8 newhidups':

  "With this option, the driver will connect to any device, including
   ones that are not yet supported. This must always be combined with the
   "vendorid" option. In this mode, the driver will not do anything
   useful except for printing debugging information (typically used with
   -DD)."

> by the way, is it normal that /dev/usb/hiddev0 dissapears when I run
> newhidups?

Yes.