[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r848 - branches/tl_usb_fbsd/drivers

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:11:22 CET 2007

On 3/8/07, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/3/8, Charles Lepple <clepple-guest at alioth.debian.org>:
> > Author: clepple-guest
> > Date: Thu Mar  8 04:15:51 2007
> > New Revision: 848
> >
> > Modified:
> >    branches/tl_usb_fbsd/drivers/Makefile.am
> >    branches/tl_usb_fbsd/drivers/libhid-uhid.c
> > Log:
> > Work-in-progress... maybe I need to look at how the SHUT subdriver works.
>
> simply use the same interface as in libusb.c and the rest is managed
> at compile time.
> it's the same idea as the original multi backends of the libHID...

Actually, the parts I need to replace are in libhid.c, not libusb.c.
The goal is to completely remove libusb from the loop when using uhid.

> btw, are making a uhid backend for *BSD? or is it simply a test to
> check if the raw/native access also has the bug?

I looked at trying to write a test program that just sends and
receives some commands, but I figured I might as well just put it in
the driver (since I have a different Tripp Lite UPS than some of the
others who are trying to use Tripp Lite (USB) and FreeBSD).

Again, FreeBSD users can just remove uhid from the config and still
use their USB HID keyboard and mouse, but the other BSDs limit you to
PS/2.

--
- Charles Lepple