[Nut-upsdev] Re: status of tripplite_usb and FreeBSD 6.2

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:13:44 CET 2007

On 3/6/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> On FreeBSD 6.2, this only works once or twice, then it just stops
> returning new data. Since I'm not getting any error codes, I can't
> tell where the problem lies. It would seem like I should get an error
> code on the send side, but as far as I can tell, the right number of
> bytes are returned from libusb.

In case anyone is following the FreeBSD/HID saga, I just had a small
breakthrough. Even when using the built-in uhid driver to talk HID to
the UPS, I had to reopen the /dev/uhid0 node every time I wanted to
send a new command. Otherwise, the kernel would return stale data.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but it might just be a workaround
for people itching to get their Tripp Lite systems working with
FreeBSD. The code is in branches/tl_usb_fbsd, but keep it away from
small dogs and children - it's scary.

--
- Charles Lepple