[Nut-upsdev] NUT-2.0.5: newhidups on RedHat ES4

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Mar 27 19:20:21 CET 2007

Hi Patrick,

tis 2007-03-27 klockan 17:34 +0200 skrev Patrick Agrain:
8<-----snip-------------------------
> Can we conclude to a udev issue ?

Yes I think your udev is so old that it don't manage the hotplug.
Think this was entered around ver. 060, now I think udev is ver.107.

If you check your startup i think you have the old hotplug.
Use the files in the scripts/hotplug directory.

You need the libhid usermap and the libhid script to set the
owner on the 'dev'. Check the README in the directory.

And the usblib is before 012 so you use /proc/bus/usb/xxx/xxx

Regards
Kjell