[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Russ Romano russ at cb-1.com
Tue May 1 13:56:50 UTC 2007

> Well, some free time on my hands would be nice. :-)
>
> Seriously, for now I have plenty to work with. I'll let you
> know when there is something available for testing.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

There is one other thing that I thought of this morning that I haven't
had time to try yet...

The PR2200 has 2 serial ports.  All of the testing so far has been
through port 1.  Port 2, is a secondary port and can be used for
monitoring the UPS status, but it can't be used to control the UPS.

I will run the basic tests again on this serial port.  Perhaps one of
those unknown registers polled at startup declares the serial port being
used.

It would be helpful for the driver to support this secondary port as
well.  In my setup, I have one computer (a web server) that resides on a
completely different public IP address from the rest of the network.
The machine shares the UPS, but without routing out onto the internet
and back through a different IP address, there is no "network" between
the web server and the rest of the machines sharing this UPS.  In the
event of a power failure, I may not be able to route traffic between the
web server and the rest of the network because it depends on hardware
that is off site.  I'd like the webserver to connect to the secondary
UPS port using NUT.

According to the OEM software, the second port can be used to monitor
the UPS status, and the UPS can command the machine connected to
shutdown when the software on the primary port declares that it is
shutting down.

Thanks again!

-Russ