[Nut-upsdev] Trying to fix "Unsupported combination of battery voltage / nr. of batteries" error

Carlos Rodrigues cefrodrigues at mail.telepac.pt
Tue May 1 15:33:50 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Frank van Wensveen <frankvw at myconnection.co.za> wrote:
> "This UPS has an unsupported combination of battery voltage/number of
> batteries"

This is not an error, it just means the driver doesn't have the values
for your UPS, and so can't provide battery charge (percentage) values.

> - How can I get debugging info (e.g. the raw data reported by the UPS)
> out of the driver or other portions of the code?

Run "megatec -DDD yourups" and send the output to me.

> - Can I change set_battery_params() in megatec.c with impunity?

No. The values for you UPS should be added to the "batteries" table.

>From the debug output obtained from the command above, I can fill some
of the values necessary. But I will also need you to provide the
battery voltage when the UPS enters "low battery", the battery voltage
reported when the UPS is fully charged and when it is fully discharged
(if you can't get this last value, it should be ok).

--
Carlos Rodrigues