[Nut-upsdev] Re: Changes to megatec.c

Frank van Wensveen frankvw at myconnection.co.za
Fri May 4 08:18:08 UTC 2007

Hi, Carlos,
On Fri, 4 May 2007 09:11:21 +0100, you wrote:

> >  { 36,  1.5,  3.0, 1.64, 2.31 },
> >
> > So that would mean that a 36V UPS will report a current voltage of
> > between 1.5 and 3.0V?
>
> That's right.

To be honest, I've never seen a 36V UPS do that. All UPSes I've ever
used report their actual battery voltage, not the voltage per cell. As
a detection method the latter wouldn't make any sense, either, because
you cannot use the per-cell voltage to determine how many cells there
are in a battery...

[Using config file for battery voltages]
> That's exactly what you can do with the "battvolts" option supported
> by the latest version of the driver.
But that's a percentage, right? It still leaves you with the problem
of NUT not being able to detect a 36V UPS. Or have I completely
misunderstood you?

Kind regards,
    Frank van Wensveen

---