[Nut-upsdev] Format of entires in data/driver.list

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 22 22:10:01 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> Didn't Arnaud have an intern last year (Jonathan?) who did something
> like that? What happened to his changes? Are they still in a branch
> somewhere?

Yes, although I admit I haven't looked very closely at them:

http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/branches/JD-NewConf

My understanding was that it would take some work to merge that back
in, and so it probably wouldn't hit until maybe the nut-2.4 timeframe.
I could be mistaken, though.

I suggested the ups.conf format because it is working code that's in
the trunk, so theoretically it would require less testing. I am not
particularly enamored by it, but I think it's more flexible than what
we have, but better than creating an entirely new configuration file
format.

If we do move to a new configuration file system, I would personally
like to see something based on a real parser generator, so that the
grammar is well-defined, and we wouldn't have problems like the
trailing-spaces parsing bug (somewhere on the Alioth tracker, I
think). I have forgotten what little I knew about lex and yacc, but I
wouldn't mind relearning it, if it would solve more problems than it
creates.

--
- Charles Lepple