[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] Belkin F6C1100-UNV

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed May 23 19:11:58 UTC 2007

Eric S. Raymond wrote:

>> Of course this will require massive amount of small changes to pretty much
>> all sources (including non-drivers), but has the advantage that many
>> drivers already use their own descriptive messages which would be printed
>> right before the call to exit() by fatalx() and fatal_with_errno()
> Seems like a good plan.

There is one little snag here. At least one driver (belkinunv) already
uses the exit status. This needs to be dealt with in a clean way, so we
probably need to allow a certain range of exit codes for internal driver
use.

Furthermore, we probably can't use EXIT_FAILURE for portability reasons,
since that's only guaranteed to be non-zero and therefor it would be
impossible to add other return codes (we might duplicate EXIT_FAILURE then).