[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r915 - in trunk: . drivers

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu May 24 18:39:03 UTC 2007

Den Thursday 24 May 2007 11.21.01 skrev Arnaud Quette:
> thanks for your actions on this point Arjen.
> empty protos are fine, at least for the moment.
> and sorry to Kjell... holidays, holidays, holly days ;-)

No problems Arnaud. You need some time of also. And Arjen
was quick to address this.
> I will now do the same as in Debian, and announce officially my
> vacation on -devel.
>
> btw, the HAL bridge is simple: instead of feeding the dstate socket,
> we translate the data into the current HAL format [1], using the
> dstate_* functions.
>
> the remaining points are the settings / instant commands handling,
> along with the alarm_*() functions. For the moment, data are fed back
> to HAL, viewable through gnome-power-manager, and the system can
> shutdown. But the poweroff / shutoff is missing.
> since it's not a mainline feature, I'll consider the completion for
> 2.2.x releases...
>
> Finally, I encourage all USB developers to give a try to this. I will
> soon become an important feature for our users.

Can report that the Powerware 3105 is working with hal. It only report
that it is online or on-battery.

This is a rely simple device, report no charging-level, current , voltage
or runtime. But the gnome-power-manager popped up and told me that
it was on line. Then i pulled the plug and it report on-battery.

This tested with nut-svn r914.

I like it. No setup just plug it in, and it works. (--should have more time
for this--).

Regards
Kjell