[Nut-upsdev] debuild vs. "debian/rules binary"

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:08:44 UTC 2007

2007/5/25, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> [was Re: [Nut-upsuser] Belkin USB UPSes]
>
> On 5/24/07, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Simply symlink debian to packaging/debian, and either "fakeroot
> > debian/rules binary" or whatever is your prefered method.
>
> I just noticed that if you use the "fakeroot debian/rules binary"
> method, the "ifeq (linux,$(DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS))" test is false, so the
> nut-usb package doesn't depend on udev.
>
> I usually use "debuild -us -uc".

right, I missed that one. thanks for the check Charles ;-)
for info: such env. variables are set by dpkg-architecture. This last
is only called by the dpkg commands (like dpkg-buildpackage and its
wrappers like debuild). QED

I'm applying the fix that allow manual calls to debian/rules, along
with a bunch of mods I kept too long underhand.