[Nut-upsdev] Asking hard questions about the NUT architecture

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Tue May 29 23:05:27 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Sort of.  You make good points about RAID creating some risks that
> aren't present in a non-RAID system.  On the other hand, RAID is
> hardly a typical use case.

I'd argue against that point - I haven't come across a (business)
system installed by a half way competent person in the last 3+ years
that doesn't have RAID.  Personally I would rarely consider installing
a system that didn't use RAID - the benefits far outweigh the cost and
complexity increase IMO.

Heck, RAID is starting to appear in home systems too (excluding geeks,
I know one 3 people with home NAS units that run RAID).  Just because
it has been unusual to find, doesn't mean it will remain that way.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor