[Nut-upsdev] Three scenarios for simplifying NUT configuration

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu May 31 02:49:50 UTC 2007

Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
>                                        So some system admin
> knowledge seems to be required to install NUT outside of a packaged
> distribution, no matter what.

The key to solving the shutdown problem is realizing that we don't
have to address that case of it.  Covering packaged distros is enough;
if you're using that heavily customized a system, you don't need and
probably don't want us to mess with your shutdown sequence.

It follows that arranging for the installation of the right hook script
per distribution should be a relatively simple job for our packagers.