[Nut-upsdev] RE hp r/t2200 and NUT

Arnaud QUETTE Arnaud.QUETTE at mgeups.com
Thu May 31 14:31:50 UTC 2007

Hello Linas,

> Just wanted to inform You (for the compatibility list), that HP R/T2200
works perfectly with the hidups driver. Thank You very much for NUT! :)

> # upsc hp at localhost
> battery.charge: 100
> battery.chemistry: PbAC
> battery.voltage: 22.7
> driver.name: hidups
> driver.parameter.port: /dev/usb/hiddev0
> driver.version: 2.0.5
> ups.delay.shutdown: -1
> ups.delay.start: -1
> ups.load: 18
> ups.mfr: Hewlett Packard
> ups.model: R/T2200 INTL
> ups.status: OL

Thanks for this feedback.

First, you should switch to newhidups since it will hidups will have
disapeared in
the upcoming 2.2.0 release. You should get some added features as a bonus,
but it
may also require some modification on our side...

Note that newhidups is already present in 2.0.5, and that you only need to
put
"port = auto" in ups.conf. Your UPS will then be autodetected.

I will wait for your feedback on newhidups before adding this unit to the
compatibility list.