[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1154 - in trunk: . drivers

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 5 20:37:55 UTC 2007

Arjen de Korte wrote:

> Author: adkorte-guest
> Date: Mon Nov  5 20:24:00 2007
> New Revision: 1154
>
> Log:
> Added experimental flag to this driver because it lacks support to shutdown the UPS.

Now is a good time I to think about the 'experimental' flag. What level
of support should a driver have, to warrant removal of that flag
(apparently, the 'nitram' driver never had this)? At the very least, I
think it must be able to reliably detect OL, OB and LB states and be
able to shutdown the UPS in such a way that it will restart when the
power comes back. The latter is so vital in unattended operation, that
this should be a requirement.

Any thoughts? Should I backport this to Testing as well?