[Nut-upsdev] Powerware PW5115 USB driver

Max E. Kuznecov mek at mek.uz.ua
Wed Nov 7 09:18:53 UTC 2007

Hi
I have PW 5115 500 UPS which has both RS232 and USB connectors.
bcmxcp driver works fine with serial connection but bcmxcp_usb does
not with USB one.

After some USB sniffing on windows box I've found that PW5115
communicates in other way than supposed in driver. Applying attached
patch makes driver to work properly.

System: FreeBSD 6.2 but ugen driver needs patching in order to respect
given timeout, patch already included in 7.0
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/ugen.c.diff?r1=1.109;r2=1.110)
maybe it will be backported in future.

However I'm unsure whether PW3105 and PW5110 (those two used with
bcmxcp_usb driver) will work after this change.

--
~syhpoon