[Nut-upsdev] Powerware PW5115 USB driver

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Sat Nov 10 11:37:27 UTC 2007

Den Friday 09 November 2007 10.34.26 skrev Arjen de Korte:
Hi Arjen,

> >> Well, anyway, I just thought that this may help to get one more UPS up
> >> and running, mine now does.
> >
> > Well it is worth a try, but it have to be in another way.
> >
> > The nut_usb.c contains the code that is used to open the device
> > (nutusb_open) this call open_powerware_usb.
> >
> > One way is to check if it is a 5115 (or 3110) by product and vendor
> > and set up this in the right way, so the usb_set_descriptor function
> > is using the right request and endpoint.
>
> Any chance of converting this driver to use the functions from the
> 'libusb.c' that we provide? Figuring out the endpoints from the data
> structures that are provided is still on my todo list and this might do
> just what we need here.

Yes this would be the best way. It is possible as it use the same function.
And I have always wondered why the libusb was made instead of changing
the nut_usb to handle tings. But we can move bcmxcp_usb to use libusb,
and scrap the nut_usb.

I have some other tings on my mind. Can I contact you of list for some
talk about the bcmxcp driver ?

Regards
Kjell