[Nut-upsdev] support for newer mustek powermust model 06da:0003

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 26 09:07:02 UTC 2007

Timo Lindfors wrote:

[...]

> Where does that 8 vs. 256 difference come from? -- It seems that
> ser_flush_io(int fd) tries to read 256 bytes. I changed this to 8
> bytes but that alone does not seem to help. I now see one 8-byte
> SUBMITURB and 5 256-byte SUBMITURBs.

The 'agiler' subdriver now reads everything in one chunk and the 256
bytes you see, is the size of the buffer used. This has been reported to
work, but apparently for you it isn't working.

> Where do the five other SUBMITURBs come from? -- apparently
> ser_get_line() calls agiler_get_data with
> buflen=256. get_agiler_data() in nut 2.2.0 had a for-loop to read the
> data in 8-byte pieces -- maybe that is still needed?

Let's try that. Could you try SVN revision 1159?

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Please remove the 'vendorid', 'productid' and 'subdriver' options
from the startup command line.