[Nut-upsdev] support for newer mustek powermust model 06da:0003

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Nov 26 17:39:39 UTC 2007

> Yes sure, I just wanted to point out that even the older mustek now
> works with the phoenix driver since it does not expect a hardcoded
> number of replies but instead reads in 8-byte chunks until timeout.

Granted, that is the reason why I didn't want to hardcode this, but
instead use a (short) timeout to determine that no more data is available.
On the other hand, we now also mask out the I\r and C\r commands, which
may not what we want. Besides that, the older Mustek's are reported to
work with the 'agiler' subdriver in the trunk, so I'd rather keep them
with that one. What the reason is that we need to split up everything in
8-byte chunks, is something I still don't understand. Probably a buggy USB
implementation in the Phoenixtec Power Co implementation that chokes if
the data is read too quickly.

>> But I'm really starting to doubt that this may be related to the libusb
>> library that is installed on your system. What version is it?
>
> libusb 0.1.12-5 that comes with debian etch.

That should be fine. Weird.