[Nut-upsdev] drivers/Doxyfile

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:12:09 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Charles Lepple wrote:
>
> >> You seem to be the author of the drivers/Doxyfile. Is this file still
> >> used somewhere, or is just slowly rotting in the tree? The 'hid-usb.h'
> >> file mentioned in it was renamed to 'libusb.h' more than two years ago
> >> and meanwhile, tripplite_usb doesn't depend/use libhid and the hidparser
> >> anymore either. Time for an update I suppose... :-)
> >
> > It can be removed. (I thought it was already gone - someone asked
> > about this a while ago.)
>
> It is gone now.

Thanks.

> > Doxygen works best when you have one main() function, and I was trying
> > to use it to document all of the drivers at once.
>
> Essentially, we have one main() function (in main.c), but the problem
> probably is that this uses many upsdrv_(initups|initinfo|<whatever>)
> subroutines and therefor you can't document what is happening, without
> branching out for each and every driver that uses it.

You're right: it's not a problem specific to main(), but for any
situation where you have multiple functions with the same name in
different files.

I was hoping to find the time to add an autoconf macro that would let
you tailor a Doxygen.in file to point to a specific driver, but that
may not be worth the trouble. When I have time, I am going to try to
tackle user-visible documentation instead.

--
- Charles Lepple