[Nut-upsdev] Scheduling a 2.2.1 release

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Sep 12 10:08:49 UTC 2007

>> As a side note, I would like to push the latest clients/drivers from the
>> trunk to Testing once we have released 2.2.1. With the changes to the
>> usbhid-ups driver, I have removed the libhid dependencies for all USB
>> drivers (except usbhid-ups), but actually only needed the matching
>> functions. Now that these are in libusb, there is no more reason to drag
>> all this baggage with them.
> I think that megatec can be backported before 2.2.1 is released. The
> changes it has had since 2.2.0 are minimal.

I already assumed that the megatec driver would be backported (you already
said you would do that). The above mainly deals with the widespread
changes in the USB code. Even though usbhid-ups is the only driver for a
'true' HID Power Device, many USB drivers linked in 'libhid' because of
the device matching code. That's not pretty, since every change to libhid
might break these drivers. Therefor I removed the device matching stuff
from libhid.c and put that in libusb.c, as we're interfacing to the libusb
library.