[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] Tripplite OMNIVS1500 Woes

Jon Bougher jonb88 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 03:09:27 UTC 2008

Ok, Thanks for explaining the differences between the USB HID and hiddev -
the hiddev0 device does indeed disappear as you said.

I will do my homework (sort of doing it now too :] ) if the decision of
which UPS to purchase falls into my hands in the future. Thanks for the
explanation.

I can definitely try to recompile the driver as you said,

I have just a couple questions on how to do this:

Should I be using th latest trunk tripplite_usb.c?

Does changing the,

#define MAX_SEND_TRIES 3

line to:

#define MAX_SEND_TRIES 10

and recompiling the driver do the trick? Does the # cause the line to be
commented out??

I will give this a go on Friday - THANK YOU SO MUCH!

- Jonathan