[Nut-upsdev] hald-addon-usbhid-ups

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Aug 20 18:45:33 UTC 2008

> I just went back to look at the nut-2.2.2/packaging directory, and
> found that the redhat subdirectory has not been updated since nut-2.0.5.

This is incorrect, I updated it a little over a year ago to fix another
packaging error.

> This is of course before the introduction of the hal-addon's.

This may be true, but you need to explicitly enable the hal-addons, so if
this had been used, there wouldn't be a problem.

> What
> would be the process to have this updated, which I would hope would
> then also avoid the problems I ran into with the hal-addon's.

Many of the stuff in the packaging directory is seriously out-of-date,
lacking people to maintain it. I doubt this stuff would be used by
packagers anyway, so it is questionable if it is worth fixing.

Please file a bugreport with Fedora instead.