[Nut-upsdev] Battery Volts shown as 20+ on Cyber Power UPS CP1000AVRLCD

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Dec 1 02:35:24 UTC 2008

Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:
>
>> I went ahead and installed the 2.2.2 rpm even though it doesn't have the
>> /etc/init.d/upsd file so I could get the information you needed.
>
> You'll need to install
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sbrabec:/backports/openSUSE_10.3/x86_64/nut-classic-2.2.2-66.1.x86_64.rpm
> too. I'm a bit surprised that you don't mention any complaints about
> failed dependencies, since there really should be a dependency with this
> file too.
>
> To prevent surprises, if you run stuff from the buildservice, you reall
> should be adding the repositories instead of just downloading an RPM and
> ignore the dependencies.
>
> Best regards, Arjen

Arjen,

	That's the way I did it.

zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/sbrabec:/backports/openSUSE_10.3
sbrabec

then

zypper up -t package -r sbrabec

	And it chose the packages to update. No dependency problems at all. There was
a single share object file that was updated from libupsclient to libupsclient1,
but not dependency conflicts. The only problem was the lack of the init script.

	I'll get the remainder installed. I think I'll take the 2.2.0 and 2.2.2 spec
files and modify the 2.2.2 spec to create the /etc/init.d/upsd init script.
I'll shutdown the server to measure the voltages tonight.

	Did the usbhid-ups -DD output from 2.2.2 provide you with what you needed there??

	Thanks for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.      |          openSoftware und SystemEntwicklung
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC           |             Countdown for openSuSE 11.1