[Nut-upsdev] Sweex 1000VA UPS (Lakeview Research)

Peter van Valderen dosperios at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 12:45:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:

> This looks a lot like the lakeview_usb driver we currently have in the
> trunk, which according to a user that tried it, failed to change from OL to
> OB when the mains plug was pulled.

Probably not the latest -- I don't think I ever posted that here. Not
too much difference between the two though. I wonder if this problem
is reproducible on my device.

> No, although it violates the coding standards in a couple of ways, this is
> something that might be fixed. But I have my doubts about the following
> lines:

<SNIP>

You are almost definitely correct on all counts, this was probably one
of the first times I wrote any C, so there's probably quite a bit of
crap in there.

> In that case we'll probably drop it from the trunk before nut-2.4.0 will be
> released. As long as we're not confident that this driver actually works, we
> shouldn't ship it.

I was not aware that it had been imported into the trunk. Last time I
looked noone seemed to have done anything with the driver or have any
interest, so I figured there was no point. If there's any real
interest in keeping it in the trunk, I can have a look with my device
to see if I have the same problem mentioned above. If so, it should
probably be fixable pretty easily.

Best regards,

Peter van Valderen