[Nut-upsdev] keeping branches in sync (was Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r1631 - branches/Experimental)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Dec 18 21:57:36 UTC 2008

Citeren Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:

> Also (and this is mostly for Arjen), should we build
> branches/Experimental in Buildbot? Would it make sense to have two
> boxes per platform - one for the trunk, and one for experimental?

I would prefer not to.

Now that trunk is being used to extract the next 'stable' release, I
felt the need to have an 'incubator' where drivers that are being
developed/tested can live until the are mature enough to be merged
into the trunk. I even thought of naming this 'adkorte-guest' so that
it is clear that it is 'my' area.

Whether or not this is kept in sync with the trunk, I don't really
have a preference. In some cases this might be useful, on the other
hand I don't think I would sync it very often. Merging stuff back into
the trunk is not that hard if it is only a single driver.

Please keep list traffic on the list