[Nut-upsdev] upsd segfault.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:14:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Kjell Claesson
<kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se> wrote:
> Den Sunday 21 December 2008 18.08.07 skrev Charles Lepple:
> Hi Charles,
> Sorry for the delay but I have to check things out and make some builds.
>> Is this a released version of NUT, or from SVN? (If SVN, which revision?)
>
> This is from svn revision 1665. I have made an svn ebuild so i build directly
> from svn. Running 64bit gentoo system.

Hmm, it's been a long time since I worked with a 64-bit system.

> But i checked, I have the segfault on the nut-2.2.2 stable build also.
>

>> > From /var/log/messages
>> > Dec 21 17:32:50 sm6fhx upsd[21366]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000408b6d sp
>>
>> If your upsd still has debugging symbols, you can try running
>> 'addr2line -e /path/to/upsd 408b6d'
>
> This is strange. I have no debugging info but i built it with -g , but it
> would
> not give me anything but ??:0 as output. So i built it with -gstabs, and
> guess what.... it does not segfault.

Well, it sort of sounds like it might be related to the compiler -
using a different debugging option shouldn't change how the code is
generated, unless it isn't optimizing as much with -gstabs.

If you still have the old build with just -g, do you get any symbols
from 'nm upsd'?

--
- Charles Lepple