[Nut-upsdev] upsd segfault.

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Mon Dec 22 12:11:06 UTC 2008

Den Monday 22 December 2008 02.24.56 skrev Charles Lepple:

> Is it possible that the ebuild is stripping the symbols from the
> binaries (either with the "strip" command, or implicitly through
> "install -s")?

You are absolutly right about that. The ebuild strip when installing.
So I made my own build script that place it in the right place for gentoo.
And added -gstabs to the flags.
Now I can get addr2line to work.

From /var/log/messages
segfault at 0 ip 000000000040844a sp 00007fffd0d59f40 error 4 in
upsd[400000+d000]

addr2line -e /usr/sbin/upsd 40844a
state.c:91

So it is in state.c function 'st_tree_node_add' and this line.

91		if (strcasecmp(node->var, sptr->var) > 0) {
92			nptr = &node->left;
93			continue;
94		}

Can this narrow it down?
Have not done so much with the daemon code, so I think
Arjen is the man for this.

Regards
/Kjell