[Nut-upsdev] New Mustek UPS model working

Fr3ddie fr3ddie at fr3ddie.it
Sat Dec 27 17:28:06 UTC 2008

Alexander I. Gordeev ha scritto:
>> and the first two of these are listed in the NUT's compatibility page as
>> "full compatible" using the "megatec" driver: in fact they perfectly work.
>> I would like to report that also the third one is compatible using the
>> megatec driver, both via RS232 and via USB port. So I hope it could be
>> inserted in the compatibility page.

> Do you mean by this that it is supported by the 'megatec_usb' driver or that
> the UPS has some standard USB-COM adapter recognized by the OS kernel and
> thus indeed supported by the 'megatec' driver?

The UPS has two ports: one standard RS232 and another one USB standard
B-type (it's the one with the "square" connector, used by most printers
and external USB 3.5" hard drives, if I'm right).
It works with the RS232 port+cable and also with the USB port+cable
(both included in the package), with no converters, thus with the
megatek and mustek_usb driver.

I'd like to report that my other two UPS has only a standard RS232
(male?) port. Maybe this should be an information included into the
compatibility list (type and number of interfaces present/working on an
UPS model), or not?

Thanks for your quick answer!

--
Fr3ddie
fr3ddie at fr3ddie.it
Home Page: http://www.fr3ddie.it
OpenPGP Public Key available on my website