[Nut-upsdev] Exide NetUPS SE (aka Powerware 5119 etc)

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Tue Dec 30 10:44:47 UTC 2008

Den Tuesday 30 December 2008 06.27.30 skrev Johan Adler:
Hej Johan,
> Bonjour Arnaud,
>
> Just after sending my mail I realized that it might have been better
> to send it to the developer list, not the user list. My mistake.

Yes this is better in the dev list.

> While trying to collect more information I have among other things
> downloaded the free version of LanSafe III (4.16 for Linux, 4.173a for
> Windows), and in the Linux install package I found the attached (plain
> text) document specifying the LanSafe team's view of communication
> with diffferent devices. Maybe it could be useful for the NUT
> compatibility list?
I think you find them in the nut comaptiblity list also. The difference is
that we need a report on that it works.

> I am not sure that I personally would have much to benefit from it,
> but I would find it kind of neat to be able to use the two separate
> "load groups" on my UPS (in
> http://networkupstools.org/doc/2.2.0/powersaving.html you use the MGE
> term "PowerShare"). I had a quick look at the source for the upscode2
> driver but found no obvious code to support this feature, which I did
> find in the bcmxcp source.

Yes and bcmxcp have been improved in the trunk (going for 2.4.0).
And I think it would be good if we can get this into the upscode2 also.

8<----------------------------snip-------------------------------
> What do you think, Arnaud and other developers?

Are you up for to do some programming?
In that case I can support you with some doc's on how the loadsegment
is working in the upscode2. Don't know if the developer of the upscode2
driver is still active, I know they have this info.

Im at the moment on a low level of activity, due to many other things to do,
but I keep up with the list traffic and try to have the bcmxcp driver working.
But it need more work.

Regards
Kjell Claesson