[Nut-upsdev] VICA TRONIX 620

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Dec 30 13:22:57 UTC 2008

Citeren Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601 at yahoo.com>:

> Last August I posted a query on the VICA TRONIX 620 and I missed a
> reply that Arnaud very kindly posted, asking about the protocol that
> they use.
>
> I don't get very far talking to the sales staff: they don't seem to know.

The reason probably being that this UPS is probably bought from an
OEM. I doubt Vica is the manufacturer, they probably are just selling
this unit under their own brand. Usually, even if you get to talk to
the OEM, they invariably refuse to speak to end-users and will refer
back to the company that sold you this UPS.

> Does this page provide any info?
> http://www.vica.com.mx/cms/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=14&category_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3

If you are interested in finding out what protocol it uses, not at all. :-)

Please keep list traffic on the list