[Nut-upsdev] Sweex 1000VA UPS (Lakeview Research)

Peter van Valderen dosperios at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 14:57:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Good to hear that. In that case, we'll leave it in the trunk so that
> it will be part of the next stable release (nut-2.4.0) that is
> scheduled for January 2009.

Sorry, I have been extremely busy over the holidays. I can confirm
richcomm_usb in its current state (r1706) works.

>> I've pulled the plug and waited for it to reach the LB state. It shuts down
>> correctly and powers back on when the power is back.
>
> Since those are the only things this UPS seems to report, that
> basically wraps up the testing. If you have any suggestions for the
> 'man 8 richcomm_usb' man page, please let us know.

I could write a little tidbit, it would just be a few sentences
though, there is not a lot to tell. Something like:

The Sweex 1000VA USB UPS offers only the very basic features expected
of a UPS, none of the fancier features normally expected of a USB UPS
device. It reports whether the UPS is on line power or battery power
and whether or not the battery level is 'normal' or 'low'. The UPS can
be told to shut itself down when it is on battery power, in which case
it will power itself back on automatically when power returns. No
detailed battery level readings or any other miscellaneous information
is available.

Best regards,

Peter van Valderen