[Nut-upsdev] New Mustek UPS model working

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:10:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Fr3ddie <fr3ddie at fr3ddie.it> wrote:
> Arnaud Quette ha scritto:
>> apart from the present list, you can monitor the commit list (log every
>> Subversion commit).
>
> Ok, so I have to install the "subversion" package from Canonical
> repositories and see how it works. I start studying now (ehm... no, not
> really "now"... tomorrow morning...). When I download a trunk I have to
> compile the "entire" NUT or I have to compile only the UPS driver to
> test? Maybe it's better to make up everything, just to test the "whole"
> code?

When something gets updated, you would then run 'svn update' to pull
the latest changes in.

The dependencies are set up such that if only one driver is changed
during the SVN update, running 'make' on that directory should
recompile the minimum number of files. (You will also want to add
"--enable-maintainer-mode" to the ./configure command line.)

Also, you can add a few --with-whatever=no arguments to ./configure in
case that is taking too long.

>> it then depends on what you want to follow, and possibly if you want to
>> help more (ie by providing a buildbot, contributing, ...)
>
> Ok so... google-->"buildbot".... sorry, this is the first FOSS project
> in which I contribute...

Here is a conceptual diagram:

http://buildbot.net/repos/release/docs/buildbot.html#System-Architecture

and here is the NUT Buildbot master status page:

http://buildbot.ghz.cc/public/nut/

We could add a column for Slackware, and that would send build
requests to your box whenever things update. You would need the same
subversion software for that to work. Also, even though Buildbot is
designed to compile *and* test, we don't have everything hooked up for
'make test', so testing the driver will still be a manual process.

--
- Charles Lepple