[Nut-upsdev] broken build with default configure flags

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:37:21 UTC 2008

Hi Carlos,

2008/2/3, Carlos Rodrigues <carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt>:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, "configure.in" in both testing and the trunk have
> libupsclient disabled by default, which means the build is broken if
> the user doesn't explicitly enable it when running configure.
>
> Why was it like this and can I commit the fix?

ok, I think got it.
previously, libupsclient was only built for internal use, and
distributed as static if --with-lib was enabled.
I recently changed this to building and using the shared lib (for all
nut tools).
So as to, we should *always* build the shared lib, and only the static
if -with-lib is enabled.
I have to dig a bit more for the fix...

Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com