[Nut-upsdev] libupsclient.so

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu Feb 21 20:00:46 UTC 2008

Den Thursday 21 February 2008 20.30.51 skrev Charles Lepple:
Hi Charles,

Hi use a ebuild for Gentoo copied from 2.2.1.
And can not find that it can come from that.

Before I packed it as a tar.gz I made a autoreconf.
It needed to do a libtoolize --copy --force
Checked the configure, during emerge, and it looked OK.
(Hard to se on a dualcore, but no errors)
The parameters pased by the ebuild would be this.

--with-user=nut
--with-group=nut
--with-drvpath=/lib/nut
--sysconfdir=/etc/nut
--with-logfacility=LOG_DAEMON
--with-statepath=/var/lib/nut
--with-htmlpath=/usr/share/nut/html
--datarootdir=/usr/share/nut
--datadir=/usr/share/nut
--with-lib
--with-ssl
--with-usb
--without-snmp
--without-cgi

And yes it make install and everyting is placed right.
upsdriver and upsdaemon starts OK.

Also tried to run ldconfig before I reported this.
But as the upsc was locing for libupsclient.so.0 and I
only have ......so.1 I did not think it would help, and it did not.

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Kjell Claesson
>
> <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  Made a test build of the Testing branch. The problem is that upsmon
> >  and upsc is not respecting the revision change of libupsclient.so.
> >
> >  It is now libupsclient.so.1, but i get this.
> >
> >  /usr/sbin/upsmon: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libupsclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> > directory
>
> What parameters did you pass to configure, and did you run 'make
> install' afterwards?
>
> If so, you may also need to do ldconfig as root, or do a clean build.

Kjell