[Nut-upsdev] USB HID - interrupt reports

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:02:56 UTC 2008

Hi Arjen,

first, best wishes for 2008 to you and your family.

2007/12/31, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
> Since reports received over the interrupt pipeline are a recurring problem
> for various types of UPS'es, I propose to simply ignore the data we
> receive there and only flush the respective report buffer. By doing so, at
> the time the interrupt reports are processed the first variable that is
> retreived will trigger a poll for the corresponding feature report and we
> should be fine. The impact on existing bahaviour is limited to one
> additional poll per report received over the interrupt pipeline.
> Effectively, we will only use polling from then on.

I'm strongly opposed to that changes for *MGE* devices.
We would end up in missing some setting changes that are only reported
through the interrupt pipe (like when muting the beeper) and overload
some old low end units (resulting in temporary DOS when OB).

The best would be to apply your change in libhid.c->HIDGetEvents() if
udev->VendorID is different than MGE_VENDORID

Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com