[Nut-upsdev] oneac driver patch

Jacob Schmier j.schmier at live.com
Wed Jan 2 21:38:04 UTC 2008

In order to get the Oneac UPS (models ON700XAU, ON1000XAU, ON1500XAU) to
work with NUT, I had to make a few minor modifications to the oneac driver.
I've attached a patch with all the modifications.  I tried to ensure that my
modifications would not break any existing functionality, but I could not be
sure without a legacy Oneac UPS to test against.

In my investigation, I found out that the ONEAC Serial Interface scans
(http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/oneac.html) are a bit out of date
and only partially supported.  I stumbled upon the information I used to
make the modifications while analyzing the RS-232 communication between the
Oneac UPS and MopUPS (trial software downloaded from
http://connectivity.chloridepower.com/).  I only made the modifications
necessary to get the driver to satisfy my immediate needs.  A lot more data
is available from the UPS and the driver can be improved upon further if
someone has the ambition and necessary equipment.

Jacob Schmier