[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1249 - in trunk: . data

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 13:30:37 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 7:47 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette at alioth.debian.org> wrote:
> + * driver.list: add compatibility information for
[...]
> +   - Oneac XAU models

Here's an excerpt from my conversation with Jacob Schmier on the Oneac
model numbers:

"The model numbers you listed (ON700, ON1000, ON1500, ON2000) comprise the
Universal-Mount ON Series family (circa 2005).  Each model number actually
has two corresponding serial numbers (i.e. ON700 => ON700XAU & ON700XIU).
The serial numbers with an 'A' are 60Hz, and those with an 'I' are 50/60Hz
according to
http://www.oneac.com/download/files/917183C3%20Universal%20Mount%20UP.pdf.

All of these UPS models use the Oneac "advanced interface" to communicate
with the oneac NUT driver.  Given that each model number can have several
serial numbers, it would probably make more sense to list only the model
number in the driver.list file and not the actual serial number.  I'm not
sure how this is usually handled."

So we should probably either have both the *XAU and *XIU variants in
drivers.list to catch all variants that people might search for (and
maybe include the un-suffixed variant as well), or just leave the
un-suffixed model numbers in the list (as it was before this commit).

--
- Charles Lepple