[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1249 - in trunk: . data

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 02:01:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 10:28 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/28, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> > On Jan 28, 2008 7:47 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette at alioth.debian.org> wrote:
> > > + * driver.list: add compatibility information for
> > [...]
> > > +   - Oneac XAU models
> >
> > Here's an excerpt from my conversation with Jacob Schmier on the Oneac
> > model numbers:
>
> thanks. I was emptying my @mgeups stack, and flushing some retained
> patches, before the final switch (give back this laptop and abandon
> Lotus Notes), and wasn't able to find where this entries came from.
>
> > "The model numbers you listed (ON700, ON1000, ON1500, ON2000) comprise the
> > Universal-Mount ON Series family (circa 2005).  Each model number actually
> > has two corresponding serial numbers (i.e. ON700 => ON700XAU & ON700XIU).
> > The serial numbers with an 'A' are 60Hz, and those with an 'I' are 50/60Hz
> > according to
> > http://www.oneac.com/download/files/917183C3%20Universal%20Mount%20UP.pdf.

> > All of these UPS models use the Oneac "advanced interface" to communicate
> > with the oneac NUT driver.  Given that each model number can have several
> > serial numbers, it would probably make more sense to list only the model
> > number in the driver.list file and not the actual serial number.  I'm not
> > sure how this is usually handled."
> >
> > So we should probably either have both the *XAU and *XIU variants in
> > drivers.list to catch all variants that people might search for (and
> > maybe include the un-suffixed variant as well), or just leave the
> > un-suffixed model numbers in the list (as it was before this commit).
>
> can I let you update the driver.list file (both Testing and trunk)?

I updated the trunk.

Changes to the driver in the trunk to support the ON*XAU/XIU models are minor:

http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/changeset?old_path=branches%2FTesting%2Fdrivers%2Foneac.c&old=1251&new_path=trunk%2Fdrivers%2Foneac.c&new=1251

Any reason why we shouldn't backport that to branches/Testing now? (I
will update drivers.list at that point.)

--
- Charles Lepple