[Nut-upsdev] .deb rules in NUT trunk, on Ubuntu 7.10

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 21:19:58 UTC 2008

2008/1/30, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> n Jan 30, 2008 4:06 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Charles,

> > > Instead of "build .debs from the trunk", I should have said that I was
> > > building from a tar.gz snapshot of the trunk at that point, made by
> > > "make distcheck-light".
> > >
> > > Apparently, the 'compat' file was not being included in the tarballs
> > > because it was not listed in Makefile.am.
> > >
> > > I took the liberty of reformatting the list of files in
> > > packaging/debian/Makefile.am so that they can be compared more easily
> > > with a list of files under SVN control.
> > >
> > > Also, since the logic for generating libupsclient-config has changed,
> > > I am removing it from debian/rules (it is not generated if pkgconfig
> > > is enabled in the configure script).
> >
> > yup, I've many changes underway, both in upstream and Debian.
> > I've planned to a deep rewrite of the Debian package, using cdbs to
> > simplify it and finally rewriting the debconf.
>
> Cool. Has cdbs been updated in the past few years?
> http://build-common.alioth.debian.org/ looks pretty old, and their CVS
> repository indicates that some things have been moved to Arch.

seems you're still in the fog of the new year's eve ;-)
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/build-common

> > I'll also include the latest change for the shared library
> > distribution. I intend to reduce the nut footprint (both for pkg,
> > installed and in memory).
>
> OK.
>
> > Not sure it will be for 2.2.2, since I'll be a bit in a hurry, but for
> > 2.2.3 otherwise.
>
> Creating another testing branch specific to 2.2.2 is always an option.

I don't see the need for another branch here.
I missed a detail: the hurry is for nut inclusion into Ubuntu Hardy Heron:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MainInclusionReportNut

it's for the server version.

a small official news before having a deserved rest:
http://test.networkupstools.org/
I'll announce it tomorrow...

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com