[Nut-upsdev] libupsclient.so packaging

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Wed Jul 2 15:10:12 UTC 2008

Hello together,

after upgrading from nut 2.2.1 to nut 2.2.2, I noticed there's a (new?)
libupsclient.so library. On my Redhat based system, f.e. the "upsc" binary
links against it and is unhappy as the library is not included
in the current RPM file.

If you look at the .spec file for Redhat, the libupsclient.*
stuff is included in the "nut-devel" package only.

The SuSE .spec includes it, the mandriva
package seems not to include it at all, IIANM.

Please investigate someone who added the library in the first place :-)

Cheers,
Thomas