[Nut-upsdev] Question outlet.n.status

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Jul 12 09:38:22 UTC 2008

> Have a question regarding 'outlet.n.status'.
>
> In the new-names.txt it say on/off. The problem is
> that I  get more than just on/off.
>
> I can get:
> 1 = On/Closed, 2 = Off/Open, 3 = On with Pending Off, 4 = Off with Pending
> On,
> 5 = Unknown, 6= Reserved/Unknown, 7= Failed and Closed, 8=Failed and Open.
>
> I only get a int but it is mapped to this meaning.
>
> I search the list if I asked this before. But no hit.

Well, as far as I can see this should easily map to either on or off. The
fact that the UPS is indicating what is going to happen in the (near)
future, should not stop you from reporting the actual value. Chances are
that the imminent change in status is reported in another variable,
possibly with a more informative indication about when this change when it
will take place. As to the 'Failed' status (without any additional
information), I suggest map these into an alarm to indicate that something
is wrong.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands