[Nut-upsdev] Updating the development process

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 7 11:26:42 UTC 2008

Fellows,

As I recently told, we will change the development process to focus on
the real changes, and not on backporting changes from one branch to
another.
We will gain a lot in terms of time between releases, and development
efficiency.

In this new process:
- we will only work on the trunk for the day to day bugfixing and
standard modifications (what was mostly happening in Testing
currently),
- the trunk will be used to generate the testing releases (only using
the tags, after a small freeze period),
- bigger changes, invasive modifications and cutting edge developments
will have to be addressed in separate branches, until stabilization.
When things are ok and validated to enter the trunk, merging these
branches into the trunk can happen.
I insist on the *validation* to enter the trunk, since some changes
might have to wait for major releases, to match our current release
process.

The Testing branch will so disappear soon. Thus be sure to have
everything ported from it to the trunk.
************ As of now, no more commits on Testing are allowed! ************

As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to feedback.

Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com